Description: During Digital Inclusion Week 2020, DIPNJ is looking to bring together individuals from NJ’s state and municipal governments; public interest groups; and digital inclusion practitioners to
(1) educate on the nature and complexity of digital inequity,
(2) build a culture of true digital inclusion in the state, and
(3) make the case for the creation of a digital inclusion body at the state level.
- Welcome/A Brief Introduction to Digital Inclusion
- Micro-Lectures: The Many Considerations of Digital Inclusion
- The Digital Divide and Education
Allison Strobel | Chief of Staff | Jersey City Housing Authority
- Refurbished Devices: Considerations and Roadblocks
Mike Brown | Strategic Director | Laptop Upcycle
- The Universal Need for Tech Support
Sierra Harvey | Director, Student Experience | Per Scholas
- Refugee Youth in NJ: Bridging the Digital Divide
Claire Balani | Education Programs Manager | New Jersey Office for Refugees | International Rescue Committee
Jas Verem | Education and Learning Supervisor | New Jersey Resettlement Office | International Rescue Committee
- Digital Inclusion in State Government
- Digital Inclusion and the CARES Act
Annemarie C. Uebbing | Director, Community Planning and Development Office | U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- The Town Hall: Opening the floor for 2-3 minute shares
- Community Resources and Closing Remarks
Wednesday, October 7, 2020
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Please RSVP HERE.