Tech Career Development – Free programs
- Year Up – One Year career development program for young adults (17-24) to prepare for a career in technology, business or finance. Gain work experience through a 6 month paid internship, engage in college credit-earning career training, experience soft skills profession training, all while being supported by 1:1 mentorship and coaching. Located in Jersey City and Manhattan.
- NPower – Creating pathways to economic prosperity by launching digital careers for military veterans and young adults from underserved communities. Located in Newark, Jersey City and New York.
- Perscholas – Provides free IT job training to Americans in cities where it is needed most. Located in Newark and New York.
NJ Employee Protections
- NJ Specific Unemployment Resources
- “Before applying, customers are encouraged to visit our website at nj.gov/labor to determine whether they are eligible to apply for unemployment, temporary disability, family leave, or workers’ compensation. An easy-to-read chart will guide customers through the process.” (source as of March 20, 9am)
- Department of Labor and Workforce Development – NJDOL Benefits and the Coronavirus (COVID-19): What Employees Should Know
- Forbes info on what to do if you lost or fear losing your job
- Workplace Posters
Job Opportunities – COVID-19 Updates
- Walmart plans 150,000 temporary hires
- Coronavirus hiring: Walgreens adding jobs, giving employee bonuses – USA TODAY: Walgreens adding 9,500 jobs and giving bonuses in coronavirus response.
- USA TODAY: CVS to hire 50,000 workers, gives bonuses to employees amid coronavirus pandemic.
- CVS adding 50,000 jobs, giving bonuses to workers during coronavirus
- State of New Jersey COVID-19 Jobs and Hiring Portal
- Indeed.com – Wide reaching job seeking platform
- Guide: How to Get a Job Fast
Job Search Tools (general)
- Linked In – professional social media site to post your resume/ work experience and build connections.
- Jobs4Jersey – Job seeking in NJ
- Career Connects – Job seeking in NJ government
- Idealist.org – Jobs and volunteer opportunities rooted in social justice
- 17 Phone Interview Tips to Guarantee a Follow-Up